Table of Contents
A Guide to Choosing Laundry Room Flooring
Your laundry room may not be the most stylish room in your home, but it’s certainly a workhorse. Whether it’s just used for washing and drying or it also serves as a mudroom or utility room, it needs to be able to stand up to punishment. The flooring is one of the laundry room’s most important features, so choosing it is an important decision.
- Moisture resistance is vital. Carpets are not the best option for a laundry room, because moisture is a very real possibility in a room with a washing machine. You don’t want to choose any flooring that’s easily damaged or susceptible to mold and mildew.
- Laundry room floors must be durable. While it’s not likely to be on the tour you give your important visitors, your laundry room is probably going to be a high-traffic area. Many laundry rooms have an exterior door, which means people will be coming in and out. Even if yours doesn’t, if you’re doing several loads of laundry each week, you’re going to spend a lot of time with your feet on the laundry room floor.
- You might want easy installation. This may not be your primary concern, but it’s worth considering. Difficult to install flooring will take more time, and that’s time you won’t be able to use your laundry room. Fortunately, options like vinyl and linoleum can be installed relatively easily.
- Appearances are important. Even though it’s not a space for entertaining, you’re going to want to like the look of your laundry room floor. Take some time to consider your options before making a final decision.
- You have a variety of options. Vinyl is an inexpensive, durable option that you may be able to install yourself. There are different varieties of vinyl, in large widths, tiles, or planks. Linoleum is also very durable, comes in the same formats as vinyl, and is made from natural materials. Ceramic tiles are not as easy to install, and they’re more expensive than vinyl or linoleum. However, they’re waterproof, durable, and come in a wide array of attractive options.
When you’re ready to renovate your laundry room, the USA Cabinet Store is ready to help. At the heart of our business is the philosophy that everyone deserves a beautiful home, with kitchens and bathrooms that are both functional and spectacularly designed. Founded in 2011, we have locations in Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, and Houston, TX. Our kitchen and bathroom design professionals and experts in installation relentlessly pursue excellence while working as a team to exceed our clients’ kitchen, bathroom, and remodeling project goals. On our website, you can contact us, find a location near you, or request a complimentary consultation.