Social Distancing Impact of Coronavirus on Cabinetry Design & SalesApril 14, 2020
Bathroom Remodeling Ashburn VirginiaJune 26, 2020
Is your kitchen as efficient as it could be? If you’ve ever seen the inside of a restaurant kitchen, you’ve no doubt noticed that professional kitchens are fast-paced environments with an amazing degree of productivity. What can you learn from those highly functional spaces, and what can you borrow from them for your own kitchen?
- Kitchen layout is crucial. Commercial kitchens are planned so that multiple cooks can work together efficiently. Planning your kitchen at home for accident-free traffic is a great idea, especially if you share the space with others, so create a flow that allows easy movement around work zones. Make your aisles as wide as possible, but no narrower than three feet.
- Open shelves allow grab-and-go access. Commercial kitchens rely on them for convenience, and they’re worth considering for your frequently used items as well. You might also consider hanging your favorite utensils for easy accessibility.
- Lifted appliances make cleanup effortless. Commercial stoves are often raised above the floor on short legs, and when you borrow this practice in your own kitchen, you’ll find it much easier to keep the area under your range clean.
- Stainless steel is standard. Have you ever wondered why commercial kitchens use so much stainless steel? Stainless steel countertops can take the heat of cookware straight from the oven, and don’t require a board for rolling pastry. Steel is also easy to clean, hygienic, and nearly indestructible.
- Restaurant taps are extremely convenient. If you can, consider a tall, restaurant-style, high-pressure faucet with a hose that’s long and flexible. You’ll be able to easily rinse food from dishes and clean sinks, but you can also stretch the hose past the sink to fill stockpots and buckets.
- In-counter disposal bins are highly efficient. Restaurant kitchens often have holes in the counters, with trash containers directly underneath. If you have enough space, this is a great idea, because it allows you to whisk scraps away without touching anything with dirty hands.
- An investment in kitchen tools is money well-spent. Often, appliances made for the domestic cook aren’t as well-made as professional models. For the tools you use regularly, it’s worth buying commercial grade appliances and high-end cookware. Commercial kitchen supply stores or auction houses that deal in secondhand equipment are good places to start.
When you’re ready to increase your kitchen’s functionality and beauty, contact the USA Cabinet Store for a consultation. Our philosophy, that everyone deserves a beautiful home, with kitchens and bathrooms that are both functional and spectacularly designed, has made us a leader in the kitchen and bath remodeling industry. Founded in 2011, we have locations in Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, and Houston, TX. Our kitchen and bathroom design professionals and experts in installation relentlessly pursue excellence while working as a team to exceed our clients’ kitchen, bathroom, and remodeling project goals. On our website, you can contact us, find a location near you, or request a complimentary consultation.