Why an Appliance Garage in your Kitchen is a Great IdeaDecember 22, 2020
Does your closet need a renovation? There are so many options for custom closets, it can be hard to even know where to start. A great first step is to take stock of what you want to put in your closet and think about how you want to use it. Your closet redesign should center around what it needs to store, so take some time to brainstorm about your individual needs and personal storage requirements. Here are a few things to consider when you’re making your plans.
- How will you store your clothes? Do you fold your shirts or hang them? Do you fold your pants when you hang them, or hang them the long way? Thinking about how you store your clothes will help you determine whether you need more hanging space or shelving, and the height of your closet bars.
- Are custom shoe shelves for you? Custom shoe shelving lets you beautifully display your shoes and see at a glance which pair you need. You might also consider pull-out shoe bins, or sliding drawers for shoe storage, if your display isn’t important to you. While you’re designing shoe storage, think about integrating seating in your shoe area, so that you can sit down while putting on your shoes.
- Do your accessories need a home? A belt rack is a great addition to a custom closet, but think about your other accessories as well. Do you have a lot of scarves? Do you need jewelry storage? You can create hanging jewelry storage or, for a sophisticated vibe, velvet-lined jewelry drawers or a lighted countertop jewelry display.
- Have you considered all the possibilities? There are so many interesting things you can do with your closet. There are islands and peninsulas to give you added counter space, drawers, and cabinetry. There are hideaway ironing boards that tuck away when not in use. There are laundry hampers that tilt out or pull out depending on the available space.
- How’s the lighting in your closet? A custom closet gains a special extra touch when you add a custom lighting system. You can even put LED lights under the closet shelves, along the sides of the panels, above crown molding, and inside cabinets.
When you’re ready to redesign your closet, the USA Cabinet Store is ready to help. At the heart of our business is the philosophy that everyone deserves a beautiful home, with kitchens and bathrooms that are both functional and spectacularly designed. Founded in 2011, we have locations in Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, and Houston, TX. Our kitchen and bathroom design professionals and experts in installation relentlessly pursue excellence while working as a team to exceed our clients’ kitchen, bathroom, and remodeling project goals. On our website, you can contact us, find a location near you, or request a complimentary consultation.